11 August 2009

Trends for winter 2009-10: Vintage!, part 1

I have already commented in one of my old posts that there is going to be a return of vintage fashion in the next season. Specifically, 1930s due to the similarities between the current financial crisis and the Great Depression. I had a peek to a couple of magazines this month, (now is when they are releasing recopilations of catwalk pics) and the first designer I will post about is going to be: the great Alexander Mcqueen.
Why?
The velvets: so dramatic, gothic, alluring and sophisticated!
The furs: so 30s and they really deserve a great come-back. British weather asks for them to be worn at all times!
The tailoring: again, very 30s but also very feminine, practical and flattering to all body shapes.
I also love the details of the cane and those gorgeous pvc stilettos, they add some kind of "fetishe" air to the whole look, making it look even sexier and more "femme fatale". Gorgeous...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The 30's has always been my favorite past era. These are absolutely stunning...very Marlene Dietrich when she wore a tux.

Shelly said...

Love your blog, keep up the good work!

TheBlackWardrobe said...

Thanks Shelly!!

harps said...

Hi there, thanks for visiting my blog. I would love to exchange links with you. I had a look at your store and love all the pieces, such beautiful creations! Keep up the good work, Jess from http://houseofharps.blogspot.com/

xx

Anonymous said...

I LOVE MCQUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails